msar-riders - [MSAR] from Spain: what I do when riding on snow

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: carlos velasco <carlosvelascosan@yahoo.es>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] from Spain: what I do when riding on snow
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:00:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi, every body. First of all, sorry for my english,
I'll try to do my best. Here where i live, there is
snow most days in winter. Some time ago, while riding
with a friend on the mountains we got a lots of snow
when we got to tha top. Since we were unprepared to
that situation and had to ride still some hours to get
home, those annoing snow-balls began to appear. My
friend is a Survival Trainer in Madrid, and riding
teacher. He went off his mare, took some old cloth
from the back pac and rriped it off in four parts. He
tied them on the mare (hoofs?) and the problem was
solved. I did the same and worked for my horse too.
Some times we had to remove and tie again, but it
worked for a long time. While you don't step in a no
-snow ground the cloth won't break. After that, I
though about at home and made a kind of shoes using
old tires, and I had the problem gone. Now I ride
almost every day and mi horse "oscar" got used to wear
those shoes. If you want, I can send a picture. My
E-mail adress: carlosvelascosan@yahoo.es

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es