msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] The First Tested Cadaver Horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jeff Ezell" <eztech@pdq.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] The First Tested Cadaver Horses
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:57:02 -0600

Una,

What's the problem? Just get two blindfolds, one for the horse & one for
you! Ha. ;o) Couldn't resist as I enjoy a festive holiday. Well maybe not,
because you have more "hills" in NM than Houston or Minnesota combined.

I had a feeling Terry would get this going and prove it. Just like dogs
though, the human part of the team must see the "alert" and read their
partner's scent processing and then declare the results.

So if I'm working a cadaver dog from the back of a cadaver horse I'm pretty
much out of excuses for not getting the job done. I like it. Then they'll
have to double my "volunteer pay", right?

Jeff Ezell