msar-riders - [MSAR] ATV training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: atvsar@comcast.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: atvsar@comcast.net
  • Subject: [MSAR] ATV training
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:15:57 -0500

[I am approving this post from a non-subscriber. -Una]

I was bouncing through the internet and found your question
regarding ATV training opportunities. I'm not sure of your resources,
but if your ATV operators can make it to Northern Ca. there is
usually a very extensive course on ATV operation during a SAR
mission. Every year on the second weekend of September the State OES
and a local Sheriff's office holds SAREX (search and rescue
exercise). Placer Co. Sheriff's Off Road M/C unit usually instruct
the course. I have taken it several times and helped teach it and
feel the course is well worth the time. Some years the course is not
available due to location. SAREX changes location every year. My unit
has a long term goal of building a permanent course and will probably
have it open to other agencies after the bugs get worked out.

Darren Dembski
ATV Unit Leader
Solano Co. Sheriff's
Emergency Services Responce Team

  • [MSAR] ATV training, atvsar, 11/29/2004