msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Others working around/with horse teams

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "JoAnn Cline" <jcline@co.otter-tail.mn.us>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Others working around/with horse teams
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:24:23 -0500

I am from the Otter Tail County Sheriff's Posse in West Central
Minnesota. Our group utilizes both Horse Mounted and Foot Mounted
volunteers for most of our events. We mainly participate in assisting
with parking/traffic control for area events, but also get called out
by our Sheriff's Office to help with search and rescue as needed.
Most of our training is geared more towards foot patrol aspects which
leaves the Horse Unit needing to schedule additional training sessions
for themselves.
Our Horse Unit did go through a local certification clinic about 5 yrs
ago and since then we have participated in additional sensory training
clinics.
Our Posse has never had a separate SOP for our Horse Unit and
definitely see the need to get one established. We have received copies
of SOP's from a couple of our local Possez, but would appreciate
anyother information available to help us in this endeavor.
My e-mail address is jcline@co.otter-tail.mn.us
Thank you for this wonderful site. The information available is most
helpful.