msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Riding clinic, New Mexico April *26-29*

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: tm'-fi <TFinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Riding clinic, New Mexico April *26-29*
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:15:01 -0500

Just my 2 cents worth,

During the yearly SAREX in Maryland,  we picket and/or use portable corals for our horses while attending the non- riding training courses.  For the past couple of years, instead of being away from the main camp activities we have been apart of of the over all camp complex with the other teams.  We have found that being a part of the other teams that campout, team PR has increased a great deal and also saves driving back and fourth to the  main activities.

We bring 3 days of food and water for the horses and try to have one person to stay at our field camp to monitor the horses.  If you use those electric corrals, please make sure to keep them hot!   Our Team has found from experience that once a horse knows there is no power to tape, it is off they go.

Tomi'
TROT Search & Rescue Mounted Team
Maryland, USA

Una Smith wrote:
LMabry-zianet wrote:

just to clarify - I understand that there are NO accomodations
for horses at the ESCAPE this year.

Correct;  Bonita Park Nazarene Camp and Conference Center has no
accomodations for horses.  However, for those who attend the MSAR
clinic, I have arranged boarding for horses during ESCAPE at the
clinic location about 30 minutes away.  Also, there must be other
options nearby, considering the proximity of Bonita Park to not
only a horse race track (Ruidoso Downs) and a horse-related museum,
but also the general air of mountain vacation resort in that area.

Stay tuned,

 	Una Smith
 	Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico