msar-riders - [MSAR] Critical Incident Stress Management

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Sarah Truelove c/o MSAR Maintainer <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [MSAR] Critical Incident Stress Management
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:34:30 -0500

[Sarah Truelove, sarah at spindletop tamu edu, wrote this; MSAR-Riders'
list management software redirected it to me by mistake. - Una]

Hello to all,

I just had the opportunity to take a two day class on Critical Incident
Stress
Management. If you are not familiar with this subject, PLEASE take the time
familiarize yourself with it. There is a plethora of information on the
internet and many books written on the subject. It helps explain what is
going
on in the body while we are experiencing the stress and that it is all 100%
normal. The instructor also had many stories about people who had not worked
through previous critical incident stress only to have it come back on them
at
the most inopportune times.

Reading through this material is definitely worth your time and I urge
everyone
who is asked to attend a critical incident stress defusing and/or debriefing
after a traumatic incident to please do so. Not only for yourself but also
for
your fellow teammates that experienced the trauma.

Thank you for your time,
Sarah Truelove
Texas

  • [MSAR] Critical Incident Stress Management, Sarah Truelove c/o MSAR Maintainer, 01/13/2004