msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 10, Issue 8

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Bdurham05201@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 10, Issue 8
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:56:41 EST

At this point we have never done written testing for our MS&R, however we are holding a training the 23rd of this month in which we intend to send each member to 5 different testing stations.  Some of those stations will have multiple choice questionnaires waiting as to how they would each handle the scenario presented to them. Our stations will be 1) Setting up the Command Post.  2) Radio Communications  3) Orienteering  4) Medical Scenario and 5) Crime Scene.
This will be our first at combining training/testing of these skills into one event. Those of us on the training committee are quiet excited about it.  We have reserved a local Fire/EMS bldg. for inclement weather, we will work without the horses inside.

Brenda Durham, Coordinator
East Fork State Park
Volunteer Mounted S&R
(southwest Ohio)
bdurham05201@aol.com

  • [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 10, Issue 8, Bdurham05201, 11/11/2003