msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR written testing

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR written testing
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:27:58 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Una Smith" <una@lanl.gov>
> Jorene wrote:
> >What would you suggest as GENERAL subject areas to address
> >at the MSAR entry level for WRITTEN testing specific to
> >riders and equine in SAR?

> A written test is something few if any MSAR teams use. (I
> would like to know about any MSAR written tests that are in
> use. Speak up, folks!) So, this question requires some
> "outside the box" thinking. Hm...

Finding sources to glean ideas for written questions on husbandry and such
shouldn't be a problem. Any suggestions for SAR-related topics that are
specific to MSAR?

For example, a general subject area might be regarding
Advantages/Disadvantages of Mounted in SAR. A series of questions would be
designed to test the rider's comprehension on that topic.

> NASAR committee folks: What is the intended test format?

I suspect the written would be mostly multiple choice, True/False.

Jorene