msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:15:02 -0600

Sigh. I am all for national standards for MSAR. I do have
issues with NASAR, which are valid, and I am not alone. So
don't be so dismissive, Jorene, nor promise that NASAR will
change for the better. Perhaps NASAR will change, but until
that happens it is nothing but talk.

That said, Jorene in her capacity as chairman of NASAR's
MSAR standards committee, has now promised several times in
public on MSAR-Riders that it is permissible to rewrite the
NASAR standard, deleting strings to extrinsic requirements
which arguably have no place in any standard, and call it a
national standard equivalent to the NASAR standard. That
works for me, and I am sure it will work for others who are
not affiliated with NASAR.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico