msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Tracking from horseback

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Tracking from horseback
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:30:39 -0700

From: <pennbo@bbv.net>
> Can anyone refer me to someone who can do training in So. Cal area on
> tracking from horseback?

The only Man Tracker I know who also does mounted tracking training is in
the Reno area. Fernando Moreira will travel to train for not much more than
expenses. http://www.nevadatrackers.com/ A Washoe Co CSI said Fernando can
track a whisper, which I reckon is a good recommendation. If you contact
Fernando, tell him Jorene from Tulare Co says hello. I usually run into him
at the annual SAREX, SARCON, SAR City. ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,