msar-riders - [MSAR] re: teams in VA or TN?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "trailsendfarm@erols.com" <trailsendfarm@erols.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] re: teams in VA or TN?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:15:03 -0400

"Oh.. HI! Kind of new to the list.. are their any mounted units in VA or
TN??--Julie"

Hi Julie,

I'm the current team leader of the TROT Mounted Search Team in Maryland. We
are the only mounted SAR team recognized by our State Police and by our
state DNR.

Our area of response is all of Maryland and into the margins of the
surrounding states (W.Va, Penns., Del.). Haven't been to Virginia yet. We
were sending a member to the Virginia SAR Council meetings, assisted in
writing the mounted SAR standards with VSARC, but the final step to
becoming a fully recognized member of VSARC is to meet in the field with a
similar council team to demonostrate our skills. The other mounted team
with the council is located in way southern Virginia, and we could never
manage to set up a meeting date and place.

I have also recently heard from someone new in the Charlottesville VA area
who said she was starting a mounted unit of a team. I have to check my
notes for her name and team. I also have 2 new team members located in
northern Virginia.

Welcome to MSAR!

Suzanne Anderson
TROT Mounted Search Team