msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Expanding mounted SAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Expanding mounted SAR
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 23:26:25 -0700

From: "Thomas and Christy Matthews" <tcmatthews0113@msn.com>
> Hi everyone, my name is Christy from Stillwater County Montana SAR. I've
> mostly been lurking and really have gained from it. Our county started a
> mounted SAR unit this year [...]

You shared some great ideas, Christy! I really like that you're all
cross-trained, making your team very versatile. Packing SAR Dogs is very
beneficial, as you've discovered. Desensitizing the dogs and the horses for
this can be a real challenge, but well worth the end result.

If you have a copy of your MSAR standards available, I'd sure like to see
them. ( Jorene@CEOates.com )

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
CEOates Ranch