msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: Columbia Shuttle

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Julie Hammond <hammond4h@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: Columbia Shuttle
  • Date: Wed Feb 12 18:33:01 2003

Hello,

I do understand everyone's need to want to help.  However, I think what people don't realize is the magnitude of people already on the scene helping.  The mear numbers is amazing.  To keep the entire scene from being disorganized their has to be some control over who is called in to help.   I know its hard for people who are not in Texas to understand and try to understand by only internet messages.  However, please understand that many S&R groups are on the scene along with the Texas National Guard.

Please also remember that many rumors are being sent around as well.  I assure you that there are many S&R groups in the area assisting with the search and that there are many on the scene as we speak.  Please don't be offended if your S&R group has not been called in, it only means that Texas has supplied enough S&R groups to handle the situation.

Best Regards,

Julie Hammond

Message: 1