market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cucurbits

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Deb Taft <deb AT mobiusfields.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cucurbits
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 11:59:30 -0400

I miss this group!  Thank you for poking us, Mike.  I think I joined the facebook group a couple of years ago but can't find it now; I don't think it ever really took off. I'd love it if we could renew some communication here.

I got my peas in on March 30.  That was pretty thrilling since last March 30 saw more than a foot of snow on the field!  Garlic is looking fantastic this year, tall and vigorous.  We had low 20s over the last couple nights and will have one more that low this weekend but I'm confident that it will come through fine.

I was trying to be a nice guy with the f'ing rodents who were chewing down my seedlings in the greenhouse --ultrasonic thingies, peppermint oil on cotton balls, and cayenne on everything...they wouldn't leave.  Snap traps are doing the job.

Best to all!
Deb
Mobius Fields
Westchester County, NY