market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] now Garlic shipping

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] now Garlic shipping
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:09:21 -0400

Thanks, Dorene!

-- but I'm a bit confused. How does it breathe through bubble wrap?

-- Rivka

On Apr 10, 2015, at 3:38 PM, GarlicGrower wrote:

Hi, Rivka!

I am the Queen of Bubble Wrap when it comes to shipping garlic. In my experience, you can’t use too much to cushion the garlic in shipping.

Make sure your garlic is completely dormant (dried down) when you ship the braid, wrap it in bubble wrap with tape so it doesn’t come apart and maybe put a few discrete holes in the cardboard box so it can breathe (doesn’t have to breathe much, but some air is good) and you should be okay.  If you have a long braid, you might want to secure it to a “backbone” of cardboard, then wrap the bubble wrap and put it in the cardboard box.

Hope this helps.

Dorene