market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Ginger

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mikerock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Ginger
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:01:30 -0600

Bill,
If it had been Lutefisk no one would have touched it!!

On 2/28/2015 10:10 AM, Shoemaker, William H wrote:
This issue of delivery trucks dropping off packages without even
attempting notification is beginning to bug me (a horticultural
disparagement). While I haven't had plant material damaged yet, we had a
package delivered by USPS in December from my mother-in-law with
excellent things for the season, like WI cheese. We had no idea, it was
a surprise, We found it the next day with a hole in the side where a
squirrel had tried to pull out a plastic bag full of lefsa (obviously a
Norwegian squirrel). Everything else was intact though. What really
bugged me was that it was certain that we were near the front door when
it was dropped off. Just one knock, or hit on the doorbell would have
done it. There needs to be a better way of ensuring packages are handled
safely. It could have been a neighbor instead of a squirrel, then the