market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Silage tarps ala Fortier

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Silage tarps ala Fortier
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 17:03:39 -0400

Etienne and others looking into silage tarps: I went to a workshop given by Jean-Martin Fortier at the Virginia Biofarming Conference. There he said it is important that the tarps don't let water through. So, the Texsol might not work as well. If it does, let us know. I'm happy to know that in the US the tarps are sold as silage covers. that will speed my search. Thank you.

I am very much enjoying reading Jean-Martin's book and will review it on my website  when I reach the end.

"Occultation" is an awkward word in English. Apparently it's used in astronomy to mean blocking light from reaching another planet. It's technically pretty accurate. I can't think of a more common word we could use.

Pam

--
Pam Dawling

Author of Sustainable Market Farming, Intensive Vegetable Production on a Few Acres
sustainablemarketfarming.com
facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming