market-farming - [Market-farming] GM sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne AT lejardinduvillage.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] GM sweet corn
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:31:45 -0400

Hi everyone,

It's been recently reported that GM sweet corn is now being sold in
Canada. In one article I've read on the topic, it's claimed that the
majority of sweet corn grown in the US have been GM for a while. I
doubt that claim. Is it actually true? Is there any statistic about
this available online?

Note that I am talking specifically about *sweet* corn, not grain or
silage corn.

Thanks for the info!

--
Etienne Goyer - Le Jardin du Village