market-farming - [Market-farming] the market gardener (book)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne AT lejardinduvillage.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] the market gardener (book)
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 08:17:58 -0400

Hello everyone,

Some time ago I wrote on this listserv about a crowdsourcing project
aiming at translating from French the book of Jean-Martin Fortier, which
has had a huge success first in Québec and more recently in France.
Turns out the project was a success, the translation is now done, and
it's expected to be published and available in the North American market
shortly.

http://www.themarketgardener.com/

Given I discussed the project in the past, I thought it would be good to
let you know of the progress. It's something I am very enthusiastic
about. La Grelinette growing system is a very interesting one, and
while I don't necessarily farm the same way, I find a lot of inspiration
in this book nonetheless. The book has this positive, can-do attitude
that reminds me quite a bit of Coleman. It's the kind of book you need
to read when you just start up.

Anyway, there seems to be a flurry of book on small-scale organic
vegetable growing coming out lately. I've got the one of Pam Dawling on
my Amazon wishlist to read next winter; as I understand it, it's based
on her excellent serie of articles in Market Grower magazine.

The local food revolution march on. We live in interesting time.

--
Etienne Goyer - Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com