market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] the market gardener (book)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] the market gardener (book)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 10:02:22 -0400

Etienne, thanks for telling us about the translation of this book by Jean-Martin Fortier. I'd love to review it on my blog www.sustainablemarketfarming.com. I'm interested to read about the micro-farming method used on the 1.5 acres of La Grelinette.

As you say, there is room for various approaches to small-scale vegetable production. I hope you will enjoy reading my book this winter. (I've included metric units as well as US, so it's more accessible to more people.) My book started with articles I wrote for Growing for Market magazine (www.growingformarket.com) and grew from there.Updating and filling out the topics took quite a lot of time! My book includes various methods suitable for small farms, including those bigger than micro-farms, which use some tractor equipment.

Another interesting book coming out in Spring 2014 is Grow a Complete Diet by Cindy Connor. http://homeplaceearth.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/grow-a-sustainable-diet-the-book/ Her book is "for folks who want to grow all, or a substantial amount, of their food and do it in a way that has a small ecological footprint."

Lots of good winter reading

Pam Dawling

Author of Sustainable Market Farming, Intensive Vegetable Production on a Few Acres
http://sustainablemarketfarming.com/
https://www.facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming
http://www.newsociety.com/Books/S/Sustainable-Market-Farming