market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sprayer rig for 3pt hitch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kakerby <kakerby AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sprayer rig for 3pt hitch
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:59:38 -0400 (EDT)

Wow, that's exactly what I was looking for in terms of info.  Thank you for taking the time to write all that out!

I should clarify that we're going to be using this on a 14 acre field, but we're participating in a fertility study this year where we'll divide the field into seven roughly 2-acre parcels; hence the need for the 2-acre capacity.  But I have already been thinking about getting a sprayer that could accommodate spray needs for that entire field, so that 60gal size gives me a benchmark for that.  Thanks.

And I have been wondering about the issue of residue from conventional spray products; I'd have to clean that thing out really well before I used it on our fields so that our inspector didn't get all upset.  Are there known methods/techniques/products which can suitably clean out a sprayer tank so that it can go from conventional to certified organic use?  I'm wondering if that alone would be sufficient reason to get new.  Thanks again for all the info.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA