market-farming - [Market-farming] rain gear for field work

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kakerby <kakerby AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] rain gear for field work
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 14:25:31 -0400 (EDT)

Good morning all.  I seem to recall at least one conversation from a few years ago, about brands of rain gear that actually hold up for at least a season.  Can't find it in the archives.  I bought a rainsuit from the big-box home improvement store a grand total of three weeks ago, and I've already blown out one of the major seams.  Fishing is a big industry here and I know I could go get some really heavy-duty Helly Hanson gear that would stand up to a lot of abuse.  But the pricetag is heavy duty as well.  What brands of rain jackets/bibs/coveralls have folks worked with, that seem to strike a balance between rugged and affordable?  Thanks in advance............
Kathryn Kerby, preparing to go out and work in the rain without her shoddy rainsuit
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA