market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] another kind of tsunami

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] another kind of tsunami
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:20:49 -0500

On Mar 6, 2013, at 3:15 PM, Richard Stewart wrote:

In Ohio the cut type leads into processing.  We design systems that are single cut AKA Harvest cut.  So our salad mixes are very simple.  We cut high.  Lots of issues there POSSIBLY in the future but most of it all happens AFTER the first cut.  Then there is how you package it.  Bag open and OK.  Bag closed and its processed.

Same thing in NY, as near as I can tell.