market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Ginger - anyone else get shorted on their order?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: David Paysnick <davepays AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Ginger - anyone else get shorted on their order?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:50:45 -0500

If you buy ORGANIC Hawaiian ginger right now, it should be quite eager to sprout.  I haven't even made an attempt to pre-sprout the ginger that I purchased locally at our food co-op and after sitting in it's box for about 10-14 days it's beginning to sprout quite consistently.  I have grown from organic hawaiian ginger in the past with decent success.  If you have a store or distributor willing to sell you a case, a 30lb. case of organic ginger should run about $125-175 right now.  Just make sure you get Hawaiian and not Peruvian.
Good luck!
David