market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] McConkey

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Vern and Amy <vaspencer AT sisna.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] McConkey
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 06:16:03 -0700

If you are looking for greenhouse supplies, including a greenhouse, you may be able to go in on an order with a local nursery. McConkey sends a truck through our area about twice a year and doesn't charge shipping if your order is large enough, just a small drop-off fee. They seem to carry pretty quality stuff--not necessarily cheap, but you can't beat that kind of shipping on heavy items. I know they have warehouses in CA and WA, but can't remember if anywhere else.

Vern
North Idaho, where we had 21 degrees (F) last week! I'm sure Grandpa had a reason for buying this cold sink, but it sure wasn't to raise corn or tomatoes!