market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fall peas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fall peas
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:13:06 -0400

We've been planting presprouted (soaked overnight) 'Sugar Ann', 'Sugar Sprint' and 'Sugar Flash' over the last two weeks.  Maturity 50-62 days, depending on the catalog.
200 more row feet going in today.

Not growing any 'Sugar Snap', as it is has little mildew resistance.  Ann and Flash had much less mildew in the High Tunnel this spring than Sugar Snaps outside in the field.  Flash far outperformed Ann in the HT.  Seeing who shines this fall.

We have row cover for the occasional frost in Oct.

Richard Moyer
SW VA
Blessed with two recent rains