market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fall Peas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mamica5 AT sssnet.com
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fall Peas
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 11:29:33 -0400 (EDT)

Allen,
I tried them last year...I live in Central Ohio..and we did have a very
mild fall..I tried sugar snaps and they produced very well..it's probably
worth putting row cover over them when frost threatens...the pea pods
seemed to be sensitive. My local roots market was able to sell them
easily. This year I made an earlier plantiing.. 1st of august of both
sugar snap and snow peas..they are blooming and are about ready to
harvest! We made another planting a week ago...tried Knight with more
sugar snaps. Just to have see how that works. lol My spring planting
succumbed to mildew before I wanted them to...so I was trying some
protective action on this planting.
Millie