market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fruit Set Temperatures

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carla Maness <manessfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fruit Set Temperatures
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 10:08:28 -0500

We went through this last year too. Day after day of 100+ and everything shuts down. I'm ready for this year to be over! 2 years in a row of record breaking temps and drought and I'm ready to quit.
 We have 800 row feet of squash planted and I picked about half of a 5 gallon bucket yesterday. It's pitiful. The amount of water we're putting out to try and keep everything alive is nuts.

Carla
Perkins, OK