market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fruit Set Temperatures

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fruit Set Temperatures
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 21:31:50 -0400

On Aug 5, 2012, at 4:02 PM, Allan Balliett wrote:

[ . . . ]Mr. Google has let me down for locating a precise and authorative
explanation of reduced fruit set in peppers and eggplants and beans
due to high heat that  I can pass along to my CSA members this week.

I'm wondering if anyone reading this list can point me to such a
document (like from a University, or something)

Or, am I kidding myself and my peppers and eggplants have just quit
after one fruit set? [ . . . ]

Does this help?

They may start setting fruit again later, after the weather changes.