market-farming - [Market-farming] garlic greens--when and how

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] garlic greens--when and how
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 16:41:55 -0400

Last fall I saved my too-small-to-plant-for-bulbs garlic cloves, and sowed
them thickly this spring for garlic greens. They are about 6" tall now, and
delicious. When is the right time to harvest them? Do I cut them off at the
ground, or pull up the whole plant? If the former, will they grow back? How
do you suggest customers serve them--raw? cooked? in salad?

thanks.

Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
Hopestill Farm