market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] garlic greens--when and how

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] garlic greens--when and how
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 17:26:40 -0400

I pull them and bunch them complete. When they are young and tender I tell people the premature bulb is straight white meat and can be used just like a scallion, tender right up the stalk. I love them and they sell well at our market. 5-6 to a bunch for $2.50-$3.00.
I'll keep moving the small ones like that till they get tough and start to clove.
Todd