market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Planter and Side Dresser thoughts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Planter and Side Dresser thoughts
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 07:24:00 -0700

I use JD71 unit planters for corn and beans. They work very well. The seed plates match most all the outdated JD line of plate planters so practically every farmer in the country has a dusty stack of plates in the barn to give away. I buy 71's as units and bolt them on a toolbar, space them as needed. I never tried cukes with them. I replace the runner openers with double disc openers. Gravity flow only works with absolutely clod free fertilizer... Bob.