market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Voles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Voles
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 16:16:12 -0400

I have been out of the loop on this so if I am doubling up on this its
just too bad!

Coleman devotes most of 2 pages in Winter Harvest  Manual to voles, his number
2 pest after people. His only reccomendation is traps, traps and more traps,
best baits sliced fresh fruits, wild strawberry Bubble-Yum, Macadamia nut butter
as sold and with carob powder mixed in.  Year round with constant management.

He did not mention which traps but I will; at this place ANYTHING other than Victor
traps made in PA are a disappointment and a broken promise.

This is the metal pedal model which works for me, there is a model with a large plastic
pedal which might be better where you are trying for the guys just walking through. For
guys who are taking the bait I like the metal pedal because the hollow part of the pedal
can be packed full and Mrs Mouse has to work to get at that stuff and springs the trap.

MAsteveINE