market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tobacco Setter for Peppers?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tobacco Setter for Peppers?
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:35:42 -0500

It will work OK.  You will need to train your people to position the plug properly in the fingers, too high and the plant will sit on top of the furrow, too low and too much will be buried.  A rotary transplanter is much easier to use and does a better job, but the finger transplanter will be miles ahead of setting plants by hand.

Andy