market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tobacco Setter for Peppers?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tobacco Setter for Peppers?
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:20:11 +0000

I remember setting tomatoes that way.  They were grown in the tobacco plant bed along with the tobacco, pulled and wrapped in bunches in damp burlap, again, just like the tobacco, and planted at the edge of the tobacco patch.  Not staked, not irrigated, yet bore LOTS of tomatoes to be eaten and “put up”.  And, when the tobacco was cut and out of the field, turnips were sown for fall/winter eating. Those were the days!

Alison Wiediger, AU Naturel Farm