market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Heating seedling trays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Heating seedling trays
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:51:24 -0500

We set seedling trays on top of fluorescent light fixtures. You can stack them though the bottom one gets the best heat. They put off a good bit of heat, and if you wrap your plant stand in plastic, it keeps more heat in.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

http://rhomestead.com      http://www.facebook.com/rhomestead

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe