market-farming - [Market-farming] Heating seedling trays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "rbuck" <rbuck AT pacifier.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Heating seedling trays
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:38:54 -0800

I’m looking for people’s experience heating seedling trays.  I’ve used heat pads in the past but I saw a system recently on a farm near Olympia, Washington.  This system consisted of a hot water tank used to heat water which was circulated through small diameter tubes under seedling trays.  The farmer indicated that it was a less expensive system to run than resistance heat pads.  I’m wondering what the experience is of people on this site and what their recommendations would be for efficiently heating seedling trays.  Any and all thoughts would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Roy