market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] slightly off topic: solar back-up

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] slightly off topic: solar back-up
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:27:45 -0500

Hi,

I have been lurking here for a quite a while and sorting out things that
have been useful to me. I have a couple of things I can contribute now
so it is time to unlurk.

Whatever combination of "emergency" energy sources (not just electric)
be sure to incorporate them into your daily operations. If you buy a
generator and only use it during "emergencies" it may not not work when
you need it most. Leaving it in the corner of your barn for months or
years is guaranteed to bring you a disappointing failure. Been there -
done that.

Please do research. Be careful how you think about meeting your needs.
There are options at every corner and every turn and many choices to
make. Poor choices will cost you too much and deliver nothing. There is
no reason why anybody can't have a successful "backup" strategy.

I have experience and training (now retired) that apply here. I would be
happy to help anybody who wants to put together a system that meets
their individual needs. Feel free to email me off list and I may be able
to help you choose among the options you have. There is no silver bullet
and there is no "fitzall" system that will satisfy everybody. I have no
magic secrets to sell. When you look at web pages and the author offers
to sell you his (her) simple secrets to energy independence for free
energy...move on to the next web site without any further reading. There
is no free lunch.

<relurk>

Bill in Michigan's north woods