market-farming - [Market-farming] FW: slightly off topic: solar back-up

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: E C GRANATA <elainegranata AT msn.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] FW: slightly off topic: solar back-up
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 17:34:01 -0700

Folks:  I have a PV array on my house with a net meter -- connected to the grid. I believed for a long time that this protected me from a power outage, but recently discovered that if the power on the grid is down, so am I.  You'd have to have a system that uses batteries in order to have power when the grid is down-- you have to be off the grid.

Elaine
Denver