market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Off Grid

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Off Grid
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:13:26 -0400

It seems counter intuitive to me too, but they won't let it be done any
other way. I do not get to see any of the low voltage power, it goes to the
inverters right at the panels and is then sent to the greenhouse, house and
the meter. The only positive point is I do not have the expense of the
battery back-up system. Sora, I am sure that is no minor expense. My
system will also trip if the line voltage coming in to the property is not
within tolerance (my inverters will trip for 10 minutes if the voltage
exceeds 256v (128v and 128v) since they is designed for 240 volts). The
installer did say the inverters are many times smarter than the grid they
are feeding into.

Maury