market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Off Grid

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Off Grid
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 08:24:07 -0400

I agree that such a system should have an interrupt so that you can continue to use the solar system off grid.  Not having this defeats PART of the purpose of having your own power generating system.

Not all solar systems are 12V and produce a large amount of power.  If you are tied to the grid you are not running a 12V system.  Maybe you are confusing 12V with DC vs AC power.

A lot of personal solar systems have enough amps in the them to kill a human, so I would be wary about suggesting otherwise in a public forum.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855