market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Off Grid

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Off Grid
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 18:52:45 -0700

> Rivka,
That is the problem, it is not isolated from the grid. That is why it
> shuts
> off if the grid goes down. Safety first.
Maury
This seems so very counter intuitive to me! The solar produces 12 volt
power which is a tame kitten compared to the behemoth grid. With my
batteries I never even know when town is out of power. I love my 12 volt
fridge that can power directly off the panels. I believe there could be a
shut off or breaker to the grid in your electrical box. Then you could
isolate and use the 12 volt power you are producing when the grid is down.
Sora