market-farming - [Market-farming] Too many farmer's markets?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jack Moffitt <jackmoffitt AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Too many farmer's markets?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 22:46:01 -0500

Our area stabilized at 4 weekly markets that serve 4 distinct market
areas. There have been some failed upstarts and some successful
micro-markets, since the 4 evolved. Demand for product is so strong, a
vendor can be picky which Market they sell at. I'd say the Rio Grande
Valley has a good balance, not too many at all.

Jack Moffitt - Tex-Mex Border