market-farming - [Market-farming] too many farmers markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "eglatyne tds.net" <eglatyne AT tds.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] too many farmers markets
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 15:28:37 -0700

I think this is similiar to the propaganda that the big oil and coal
energy companies are giving us that they are sustainable. Corporate
food might be viewing the growth in Farmers Markets as serious
competition and trying to discourage the growth by saying there are
not enough buyers. With the two markets I do my customer base has
increased 30 to 40% each year. The need for honest food is too great
and I hope that they(whoever they are) don't regulate us out of
business. Carol Thomas, Sweet Briar Herb Farm