market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wash area

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cdtcmf AT aol.com <cdtcmf AT aol.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wash area
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:07:08 -0000

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: SaladG AT aol.com
To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [Market-farming] wash area
Date: Thu, Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am

We have a sediment holding system and reuse all of our wash water and put in drip lines back to crops growing all over the farm, including our hoophouses.  We have been inspected by state and federal agency's without any problems.  The wash water goes in a 1000 gal tank and pumped out of this tank with a 12volt solar powered pump to a different drip line every day, usually switch at noon until the tank is empty.  We use two rubber tanks for pre wash with sink drains in them for first wash draining directly into my holding tank, then to the stainless steel sinks for a final wash before packing for the cooler.  The inspectors had no comments on the reuse of our wash water after I showed them how it was put back in the soil, under the black plastic through drip lines.

Phil from Iowa