market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Health Department at the Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Health Department at the Market
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 21:53:33 -0500

I talked to our inspector just a couple weeks ago. He and his
co-workers inspect the very large Des Moines Farmer's Market. He said
he doesn't care how the temps are maintained as long as they are. He
has even worked with Amish who want to use ice for their home
refrigerators in order to get a kitchen license.

I don't see how they could enforce non-existing laws. If the law says
they products must be maintained at 43F then that is what they should
be checking - period.

I can't imagine police requiring everyone drive golf carts because
that would "assure" we don't break the speed limit :-)

Joe
Boone, IA
5a