market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] irrigating from a stream

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] irrigating from a stream
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 20:10:02 -0800 (PST)

I don't know how many people irrigate out of streams, rivers, creeks, ponds or lakes, but if you are having trouble keeping your pipe from clogging this may help you.

http://www.riverscreen.com/

This product is built by a neighbor of mine and if you have any clogging issues it can be annoying.  I know this will help.  I have seen them working in person and they are really neat.  I have only seen them used for big center pivots of corn and beans, but I thought that someone here might have the same problems.  Don't worry I don't get any money for this, just thought I would share a good product.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com