market-farming - [Market-farming] Market IRS classification?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jack Moffitt <jackmoffitt AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Market IRS classification?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 19:37:47 -0600

One of our markets got audited (or otherwise brought to the attention of the IRS) and was denied 501(c)3 status because it allowed vendors to be board members. They fired those board members. I was glad, I didn't like one of them anyway. Kinda hard for a non-farmer board to do very well, it seems. But that is the way the tail wagged the dog down here on the TexMex border.