market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market IRS classification?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler AT lrec.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market IRS classification?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 03:08:17 -0600

I think most markets in my state are 501(c)4, but a tiny handful of markets are 501(c)3.  The market I attend is a 501(c)3, but we have educational classes every week in order to justify that status and the person who has been arranging those for the past 3 years is tired of trying to coordinate them.  Personally, I think it's a stretch anyway.

--Leslie