market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Disappointing Phoenix farmers markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Disappointing Phoenix farmers markets
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:40:57 -0500

Every market is in a different environment. We sell at a market that is in a college town. Hence, strictly local, sustainably grown and 100% vendor produced when it comes to produce, honey, meats, flowers, eggs. The place is fairly tight. Of course somebody will always stretch it or cheat for the $ in any situation. It's hard to enforce this rule on prepared foods, baked goods, locally roasted yet imported coffee beans